Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Model who believes 'it's every little girl's dream to have a pet monkey,' claims hers died of depression after kidnapping ordeal

A first world trauma-drama from Ireland:

'My monkey Alvin died from depression after he was stolen'
Owner Jennifer Murphy, who models in Dublin, said that Alvin was so devastated after the ordeal, in which he was put in a small cage in the boot of a car for several hours and transferred to several garda stations, that he suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder as a result.
Dubliner Paul Murtagh was charged with the possession of the stolen monkey and sentenced to 80 hours of community service at court yesterday.
He died one month after, got really depressed," she told Independent.ie"He definitely had a version of post-traumatic stress disorder.
The Murphys paid €1,800 for Alvin, a South American Marmoset nearly three years ago as well as spending a considerable sum on his maintenace and upkeep.
"I've wanted a monkey since I was a child. I think it's every little girl's dream to have a pet monkey, so when my husband bought me one, I was thrilled.
"Alvin was very playful. He would jump on your shoulder, climb down the sleeve and play with you.
"He had his own aviary, but slept inside at night."
Sad. On more than one level.

No comments:

Post a Comment